At a glance
Day 1: Arrive in Moshi
Day 2: Moshi – Meriakamba Hut (Full board)
Day 3: Meriakamba Hut – Saddle Hut (Full board)
Day 4: Saddle Hut – Summit Day – Back to Moshi
Day 5: Depart Moshi
Mount Meru Climb is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climbing; The Mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m.
The mountain is located within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of wildlife that inhabits the area. The ascent is quite steep, the route to the summit passes over streams, through parkland, montane forest, a giant heather zone and moorland. The summit is reached by a narrow, barren ridge, which provides stunning views of the Ash Cone lying several thousand feet below in the crater.
Elevation 1,387 m to 1,500 m, Distance: 10 km, Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
Habitat: Montane Forest.
The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone.
After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
Elevation 2,514 m to 3,570 m, Distance: 8 km, Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
Habitat: Forest and Moorland
We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to Moshi at your hotel.
Elevation 3,570 m to 4,565m, Distance: 5 km up 13 km down, Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 3 Season mountain tents
- Double layered Sleeping Mats
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain
- Filtered water throughout the trek
- Pre & Post Trek accommodation at the Parkview Inn
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- 2- way private airport transfers
- Tips to mountain crew
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group